as of March 15, 2018
FIYA will have five track and field meets in Spring 2018:
1. Saturday March 24 from 9 am to 1 pm at Serra High School in Gardena.
2. Sunday April 15 from 12 pm to 4 pm at Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks.
3. Friday April 20 from 4 pm to 8 pm at Culver City High School in Culver City.
4. Sunday April 29 from 1 pm to 5 pm at Palisades High School in Palisades.
5. Friday May 11 from 4 pm to 8 pm at Culver City High School in Culver City.
Please note the following very important information:
a) FIYA will be utilizing electronic timing at all five meets. School teams cannot just show up on the day of the meet and participate. That is, all teams must pre-register.
b) In order to participate in any of the five meets, school representatives will need to register their teams online. The registration for each meet will CLOSE about 48 hours prior to the date of the meet. If an athlete is NOT pre registered, he/she CANNOT participate.
c) If a team or athlete shows up to any of the FIYA track meets and has not specifically registered online for any of those meets, he/she will NOT be allowed to participate.
d) Fees - there are two fees: The athlete fee is $12.50 per athlete per meet for nonmember schools and $10 per athlete per meet for member schools. (If your school has completed a membership fee on our registration page for $100 for the 2017-18 school year for $100 then your school is a member school.) In addition, our track meets have an adult spectator fee of $5 per adult per meet. An adult is anyone 18 years of age or over. For the athletes, by registering them online, we will have a bib number for them. You only pay for the bib numbers pre-registered. This means that you cannot add bib numbers on the day of the meet and it means you cannot get refunds for unused bib numbers.
FIYA Track and Field meets consist of six divisions: (1) Division 1 Boys; (2) Division 2 Boys; (3) Division 3 Boys; (4) Division 1 Girls; (5) Division 2 Girls; and (6) Division 3 Girls. Division 1 is for 8th grade and below; Division 2 is for 6th grade and below; and Division 3 is for 4th grade and below.
Below is the order of track events:
1. 1600 Meter - D2 Girls and D2 Boys, D1 Girls and D1 Boys (Waterfall)
2. 4 X 100 Meter relay - D3 Girls, D3 Boys, D2 Girls, D2 Boys, D1 Girls, D1 Boys
3. 400 Meter - D3 Girls, D3 Boys, D2 Girls, D2 Boys, D1 Girls, D1 Boys
4. 50 Meter (D3 only on opposite side of 100 M at same time)
5. 100 Meter - D2 Girls, D2 Boys, D1 Girls, D1 Boys
6. 800 Meter - D3 Girls and D3 Boys (Waterfall)
7. 100 Meter Final - D2 Girls, D2 Boys, D1 Girls, D1 Boys
8. 800 Meter - D2 Girls and D2 Boys, D1 Girls and D1 Boys (Waterfall)
9. 200 Meter - D2 Girls, D2 Boys, D1 Girls, D1 Boys
10. 4 X 200 Meter relay - D2 Girls, D2 Boys, D1 Girls, D1 Boys (Two turn stagger) 4 x 2 will run at the first 2 FIYA track meets only.
11. 4 X 400 Meter relay – D2 Girls, D2 Boys, D1 Girls, D1 Boys (Two turn stagger) 4 x 4 will be run at the last 3 FIYA track meets only.
· Long Jump – D-1 Girls (starts upon conclusion of coach meeting), D-1 Boys, D-2 Girls, D-2 Boys
· Turbo Javelin –D-2 Boys (starts upon conclusion of coach meeting), D-2 Girls, D-1 Boys, D-1 Girls, D-3 Boys, D-3 Girls
· Shot Put – D-2 Girls, D-2 Boys, D-1 Girls, D-1 Boys (Pit opens upon conclusion of 4 x 100 meter relays)
AWARDS & SCORING
- For Division 1 and Division 2, top six finishers in each event will score 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 & 1 points respectively. The top four finishers will receive customized ribbon.
- For Division 3, there is no team scoring and ribbons will be distributed to 1st, 2nd, 3rd place finishers and rest will receive participant ribbons.
- Team trophies for top two scoring teams for Division 1 Boys, Division 1 Girls, Division 2 Boys and Division 2 Girls plus an overall team champion trophy for all four divisions combined. There is no team scoring for Division 3.