In order to ensure that your school's track team is familiar with how FIYA conducts its track meets, please make sure that your track coaches carefully read the information on our track page. There are some changes to our upcoming track season so it is important that track coaches read all the information. This article serves as a checklist of sorts.
1. Please read the article below "FIYA Track & Field Meets for 2018 as of February 28, 2018"
2. Under "Related Links" on this page (FIYA Track), print out the two documents: (a) "Order of Track Events and General Rules for 2018 FIYA Track & Field Season" and (b) Specific Rules for FIYA Field Events: Shot Put, Long Jump & Turbo Javelin". Prior to registering for a FIYA track & field meet, please read through these two documents.
3. Now that you have completed steps 1 and 2 above, you are ready to actually register for each FIYA track meet that your school team desires to participate. Track registration for the 2018 season is being handled through Athletic.net. Assuming your school does not already have an account with Athletic.Net, the FIYA track registration process becomes a two part process: The first part is to create a free account and the second part (after you receive an email and confirm activation) is to actually register for each FIYA track meet your school desire to participate.
A. CREATE A FREE ACCOUNT
- Go to www.athletic.net
- Click "Create Free Account"
- Complete information and click "Next Step"
- Click "Coach/Event Director"
- Click "Find Team" and a Find-Your-Team pop up box should appear. In the pop up box, do the following: Select "Track and Field, select "Middle School" and select "California" and then type in your school name. Assuming that your school has never created an account before, you should then be able to click "Add Your Team".
- (This step is somewhat repetitive) - For Select Team Type - click Middle School; For School Info - complete all boxes and for State/Region, be sure to select "CA: Los Angeles"; For Select League, Division - nothing needs to be put here; For Contact Info - enter information along with password and phone and then Click Submit Request. You should receive an email and then you activate your free membership.
B. REGISTER FOR FIYA TRACK MEET(S)
- Go to www.athletic.net
- Upper right hand corner, click log in and enter log in information
- Under "My Teams", you should see name of your school and below that an icon for your Track & Field Team Page. Click the icon.
- Click "Add a Meet"
- Under "Find An Event", make sure the state is California and then click on the FIYA track meet date for which your team is interested: March 24, April 15, April 20, April 29 or May 11.
- You can register your athletes for the FIYA meet(s). Please note the closing deadline to register for each meet. To register your athletes, it will require you to input the athlete information.
- Payment for track meets can occur at the track meet by check. Please note to offset the facility costs, we do charge a spectator admission of $5 per adult. Please let your families know so they are prepared.