With the exception of net height and the number of sets in a match as detailed below FIYA volleyball rules mirror NFHS Volleyball rules. The other information below is included as points of emphasis.
- Net Height: D-1 Boys: 7’4”, D-1 Girls, D-2 Boys, D-2 Girls: 7’
- Matches are a best two out of three sets, with the first two sets to 25 and the third to 15. A team must win by two points with no cap.
- Each team is allowed two timeouts per set.
- Each team is allowed 18 substitutions per set.
- A libero is allowed.
- The libero shall wear a uniform top that is immediately recognized from all angles as being in clear contrast to and distinct from the other members of the team.
- The libero is a back-row player who is a defensive specialist. Only one libero may be designated per set. The libero, when used: a. Shall be designated on the lineup sheet prior to each set; b. May be the team captain; c. May be used as an exceptional substitution for an injured player if no other legal substitutes are available; d. Shall not replace a disqualified teammate; e. Shall be allowed to serve in one position in the serving order.
- A libero shall not: a. Complete an attack from anywhere if, at the moment of contact, the ball is entirely above the height of the net; b. Set the ball using overhand finger action while on or in front of the attack line extended, resulting in a completed attack above the height of the net; c. Block or attempt to block; d. Rotate to the front row.
- Procedures for libero replacement: a. The libero designated on the lineup for that set is allowed to replace any player in a back-row position. The libero may serve in one position in the serve order; b. The libero may only be replaced by the player whom he/she replaced; c. One libero replacement may be exercised per dead ball/rally unless the libero is replacing the player in the right back position and will serve the next rally; d. Libero replacements do not count as substitutions and are unlimited; e. A libero replacement must take place between the attack line and the endline in front of that team’s bench; f. A libero replacement must be completed during a dead ball prior to the whistle and signal for serve.